The terms "Pythian", "we", "us", and "our" refer to The Pythian Group Inc. and its affiliates, including Pythian USA Inc., Pythian Australia Pty Ltd., Pythian India Private Limited, and Pythian UK Ltd. The terms "you", "your" and "yours" refer to any natural person that is a user of the Sites or the Services on its own behalf or when acting on behalf of an organization, as the case may be.
- Categories of Information Collected
- Personal Information
We use "cookies" to provide you with a better online experience. A cookie is a small text file that can be placed on your system when you visit a website. Cookies allow us to collect both Personal Information and Anonymized Information, such as browser type, time spent on a website, pages visited, language preferences, and information about your relationships with us. Cookies allow us to facilitate image changes, collect anonymous aggregate website traffic, provide certain discount, promotional and reward programs to you, and personalize our services to your needs. Our Sites do not require users to accept cookies, and you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience some reduction in graphics and other personalized services. You also may need to accept cookies in order to maintain certain online advertising opt-out elections (see "Use of Information for Advertising" section below).
- Third Party Information
- Minimum Information Required
There is a minimum information you need to provide to complete any specific transaction or access any particular area of the Sites, register a user account and/or access certain features of our Services. The minimum information required from you is detailed on the applicable Sites' pages or forms. You will be unable to place an order or complete a registration without providing minimal information required for the transaction. In some cases, other optional information is also requested, which you may elect to provide. This optional information allows us to provide you with a more personalized experience.
- Non-Personal Information
Information related to your visit to our Sites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
- Personal Information
- Purposes for Using your Personal Information
When you use the Sites or the Services, correspond with Pythian, or otherwise interact with Pythian, Pythian may process your Personal Information for the following Purposes:
- To understand and meet your need preferences, and to provide you with Pythian Services,
including, without limitation:
- For purposes relating to the activation of your account, billing, maintenance, support, deactivation and resolving disputes purposes;
- To fulfill or enforce applicable notices;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To develop new and enhance existing Pythian Services, including sending notices on upgrades or updates relating to Services or software used in connection with such Services or relating to promotions or events.
- To manage and develop our business operations, including, for example, to monitor, detect, investigate, mitigate or attempt to prevent security issues; to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; to protect our rights, safety and property, and those of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements and legal processes, including, without limitation, to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities, including to court orders, warrants and other legal processes, and
- For any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in notices
and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
Anonymized Information is used to build quality and useful Sites and Services and to improve and offer additional services to you.
- To understand and meet your need preferences, and to provide you with Pythian Services, including, without limitation:
- Retention, International Operations and Onward Transfers
Personal Information is retained by Pythian for no longer than necessary to fulfill the stated purposes, or for a period specifically required by applicable laws. When no longer required, Pythian will take steps to have the information deleted, destroyed, erased, aggregated or made anonymous.
- International Operations and Onward Transfers
You agree that, to be able to provide you with our Services and to facilitate the use and functioning of our Services, your Personal Information may be collected, used, processed, transferred or stored by or on behalf of Pythian in multiple jurisdictions, including Canada, the United States and any other countries where Pythian or our service providers have offices or facilities, including countries that may be outside of the region where you are located. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (the "EEA") or a country that restricts data transfers outside of that jurisdiction without your consent, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred outside of the EEA or your country for processing or storage by or on behalf of Pythian.
- Use of Personal Information in Connection with Commercial Electronic Messages
In order to comply with Canadian Anti-Spam legislation (“CASL”), Pythian will seek your express consent prior to sending any commercial electronic messages (including for marketing purposes), unless you have already provided your consent (opt-in approach). You may opt out from receiving emails from Pythian as provided under section 11 below.
- Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
Types of disclosures, including but not limited to the following, may be made without asking for explicit consent from you:
- When information is necessary for the detection or prevention of fraud;
- When disclosure is to a lawyer of Pythian;
- When disclosure connected to Pythian enforcement proceedings is required or authorized pursuant to Pythian bylaws;
- In connection with the sale or transfer of Pythian or substantially all of their assets;
- As necessary pursuant to lawful requests, such as to respond to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other related legal requests or proceedings; and
- As may otherwise be permitted or required by law.
- Parents and Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. We will cancel the registration of any user account initiated by a child upon becoming aware of any such registration. Parents have the right to terminate the registration of a child under 13. Please contact Pythian at email@example.com to instruct such termination.
- Accuracy of Your Personal Information
Pythian will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and updated. We depend on you to update or correct Personal Information when necessary.
- Access to Your Personal Information
Subject to the paragraph below, you always have access to the Personal information we have about you. Your Personal Information can be accessed or updated through your account profile. You also have the option of requesting your Personal Information from us in a readable format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon written request, we will inform you whether or not we hold Personal Information about you and will provide you with access to your Personal Information within a reasonable timeframe. Charges for access to personal information, if any, will be proportional to the cost of providing requested access.
In order to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access, we may ask you to provide sufficient information to confirm your identity before granting you access to your Personal Information.
In certain circumstances and depending on applicable laws, we may not be able to provide you with access to all the Personal Information we have about you. For example, we may not grant you access to information if such access:
- would likely be revealing Personal Information of a third party;
- could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual;
- would reveal Pythian or third party confidential information;
- includes information that is protected by solicitor or attorney client privilege; or
- includes information that was processed in connection with an investigation of a breach
of an agreement or any law.
Pythian has implemented and maintains administrative, technical, and physical security measures for the safeguard of your Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, loss, theft or disclosure. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. In the event we share information with third party service providers, we restrict the ability of such parties to use or disclose the information we furnish. We also require such parties to apply appropriate security measures to protect information.
We use reasonable measures to strive to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect. Any transmission of Personal Information to Pythian is at your own risk. Technology, such as, but not limited to, Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Shell (SSH), is used to enhance security and reduce risk of loss. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your Personal Information to those personnel who need to know that information to provide Services to you. In addition, we train our personnel about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information.
You also have an obligation to safeguard your Personal Information. Our security practices, processes and technology do not guarantee absolute security of your information and you can reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your Personal Information by using common sense security practices, including, but not limited to, controlling access to your computer systems, creating a strong password, using different passwords for different Services, using up-to-date antivirus software, not sharing passwords, closing browsers, and not using public networks (e.g., internet cafes, etc.). Just as Pythian does with its personnel, employees of the Organizations are advised to treat any personal Information with care.
To report any suspected privacy breach, please refer to section 12 below.
- Managing your Preferences (Choices and Opt-Out)
If you withdraw your consent for Pythian to use your Personal Information, Pythian may not be able to provide you with Services. To withdraw your consent, send a written request to email@example.com
- Unsubscribe Mechanism for Marketing
You may opt out from receiving marketing emails from Pythian by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the relevant email or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users of Pythian Sites and Services are encouraged to make any suggestions or report any suspected privacy breach by sending an email to email@example.com. All reports of suspected breaches will be investigated by Pythian personnel familiar with the related security operations.
Last updated 2017-06
© The Pythian Group Inc., 2017